August 04, 2008

Live Air Broadcast

This weekend I travelled down to the south coast of England to meet an old friend of mine, which was pretty cool.
 
In typical Springate fashion, despite several phone calls over the last week to confirm things, changing plans at the last minute led to a flurry of phone calls before I ended up at my destination alone and having to let myself in and amuse myself, as they were out at a DJ function.
 
Watching a complete series of House M.D. was good, especially as I have always loved watching them and there was nothing else really to watch on the box, and this quality time alone gave me just the opportunity.
 
However the fact that the next night the solo entertaining had to be repeated was not so much fun, as by then I was going stir crazy in an empty house in the middle of nowhere without even my own computer { with programs, music and Internet free to use as I saw fit } and thus I ended up going to the end of another Wedding function just to alleviate the boredom.
 
The Sunday was much better as I got to go down with him to the local radio station where he had a bit of a regular guest status, and I even managed to get in on the act with a few comments as the microphones in those places are very sensitive if your facing them even over a meter away !!!
 
As I haven't got a clue about my travel book yet, and I didn't want to talk even more about my upcoming R.T.W. trip yet again, I totally sidestepped the chance to drop a blatant plug on it, which even in hindsight I feel was for the best.
 
Seeing the studio and the modern rig that they were using was impressive and interesting, and I took a few photos which I will put up later when I can connect my phone and PC together. I chose to to take down my new digital camera as I still have not got used to all the functions yet, and downloading seems to take an eternity.
 
Being part time, I can take as much or as little time off as I like, so I have let my friend twist my arm into staying another morning at least, so we can go play a bit of golf, which involves me swinging wildly and missing every other ball, and him making my successful hits seem limp wristed by comparison.
 
Later I will catch a train back home, sad to be saying goodbye til after my return, but happy to be leaving a town so sleepy that it has no nightclubs, the pubs are closing themselves down, and the only way in or out via public transport is by bus and even that stops for the night around 6pm, week or weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment