August 05, 2008

Belgian Fruli Strawberry Beer

My friend David invited me up to his local for a long overdue chat and a drink.

I have never been much of a heavy drinker, not even in my younger days, but he had been subtly raving about their Strawberry Beer called Fruli that apparently I just had to try.

The bar itself was great as it had a real open place fire and comfy sofas to sit on, but it was the long awaited Fruli beer that realy stole the evening for me.

Fruli was very strawberryish, yet still tasted like a beer and not just a fruit drink and by the end of my second I was 'happily merry' and freed of my inhibitions and coordination that only alcohol can bestow upon a person.

As I staggered back towards the tube station the fog in my brain and the smile on my face left me in no doubts that Fruli was going to be a drink that I was going to enjoy drinking a lot more of in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment