August 16, 2008

Reworking my route

With the shocking recent events in the news { namely the Russians continuing to fight despite them offering a cease fire to the Georgians }, and the continued dilemma of trying to get an urgent Mongolian and Russian Visa in China, I have finally decided against trekking back across from Vladivostock, instead favouring a more indirect but culturally interesting route.
I have not paid for all the flights yet, as it is still too early to so and I am hoping to get some good deals slightly closer to the time, but I have booked the flight out of China { as the Chinese are a bit fussy about foreigners coming in with no proof of their intention to leave again} and thus my current best guess is that the final journeys are likely to be as follows :-
- - -
Beijing, China > Delhi, India > Abu Dhabi, UAE > Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt > Cairo, Egypt > Istanbul, Turkey > Athens, Greece > Achai, Greece > Bari, Itlay > Napoli, Italy > Rome, Itlay > Milano, Italy > Dusseldorf, Germany > Aachen, Germany > Brussels, Belguim > Brugge, Belgium > Oostende, Belgium > Ramsgate, UK > Kent, UK { home }
- - -
This route, of course, relies on the assumptions that I won't have already exhausted all my personal reserves of funds, that I still have a desire to travel, that I am still healthy and fit enough to travel, that I have not already thrown in the towel and flown back and that I have not already feel hopelessly in love with some other location and vowed never to return to the UK { that final assumption is a very unlikely scenario in my opinion, but one that still a small handful of people seem keen on trying to hang round my neck ! }.
There is even the possibility that the last home stretch, being the return from Dusseldorf, might be made much more enjoyable if my friend there does indeed manage to sort out their own travel arrangements and is still able and willing to drive me back home from there, via a ferry from Belgium, however knowing how crazy life is I am still prepared to complete this part by train alone if needs be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment