July 21, 2008

Wanted - Best Friend

I would say that I am a nice person, certainly more people describe me
in favourable terms than unfriendly terms, and I have to say that I am
in semi-regular contact with more people than anyone else I know but I
am missing a vital piece of my life.

Butch Cassady & the Sundance Kid ... Han Solo & Chewbacca ... Harry &
Sally ... Starsky & Hutch ... Tango & Cash ... Bill & Ben ... Little &
Large ... Morecomb & Wise ... Doug & Pete ... Bert & Ernie ... Mel &
Kim ... The Lone Ranger & Tonto ... Batman & Robin

That is right, I am missing a best friend, the closest of close
compadres that will need, want and like to share as much of our lives
with each other as we can.

I want a friend that will think of me in their top three, after their
partner and family, whenever they decide to do something.

I want a friend that would never change a party without asking me
first if its a good time and certainly never forget to tell me that
plans have been remade.

I want a friend that would want to spend fun time with me once every
few days rather than once every few months.

I want a friend that will not drop me like a cold potato as soon as
they start a new relationship, a new job or move to a new town or
city.

I want to be so in touch with a friend that I can finish their
sentence for them and they can finish mine.

I want a friend to be in touch with so much that we never get the
chance to miss each other cos we see so much of each other anyway.

I want a friend to share jokes with, play games and sports with, watch
movies with and share a few drinks with each other once in while.

I don't want a friend that would invite me someplace and then arrive a
couple of hours later cos they were busy getting ready and couldn't be
bothered to get ready in time.

I don't want a friend that think of contacting me on a Monday morning
to see how my weekend was, but a friend who will contact me on a
Thursday night to see what plans I have for the weekend to come.

I don't want a friend who returns my calls two days later, I want a
friend that will be reaching their phone to send me a text message at
the same time as I am reaching for mine to contact them.

I don't want a friend to get in touch to meet up just because everyone
else is already busy or because they feel they ought to as they
haven't bothered trying in months.

I want a friend that I know all the important names, dates and places
in their lives and they know mine ... certainly not the kind that
would leave me stranded without an introduction to important people in
their lives years after becoming my friend.

And most of all when I have a problem with my friend and I say that I
am feeling that things are going wrong I do not want my friend to
ignore my feelings or say that they are just in my head and then
change the subject.

Basically I just want a friend that will care enough about me not to
let me down on a regular basis with a myriad of pathetic excuses or
reasons why they couldnt uphold a simple arrangement, and I certainly
don't ever want to be someones least favourite friend - the one that
only gets to be invited after everyone else and if there are any
clashes or double bookings is always the first to be postponed or
cancelled for the others.

I don't care so much about background, age, build, sex, race,
religion, wealth or education, just so long as we always enjoys each
others company, have enough common grounds to share stories and talk
about a range of topics and that's about it.

Seeking the impossible ... I don't think so, but I am currently
"between" best friends as I have had to reevaluate my current status
with those I once called best friends after they showed me in no
uncertain terms that we are not best friend but only casual
aquaintences.

So if you know of a deserving, fun, lively and happy person that wants
to be someones best friend, and isn't a total fruitloop or criminal
mastermind then get in touch and I will see if we can become best the
best of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment