July 24, 2008

Taking Back My Name

I met up with an long standing friend last night, and after a few hours I convinced her that I have taken as many precautions as anyone possibly could without removing all excitement and adventure from the itiniary and she convinced me that I need to reevaluate my posture and position on women.

She is yet another person who thinks that I could do with perhaps just visiting a shrink to iron out a few mini personality wrinkles, but freely admits that with my background that she is amazed that I have come out as rational and as sane as I have ... not sure if that is a compliment or just a sad observation, lol.

However, there was one thing that did put a nice smile back on her face, which was when I announced that I was continuing to take back my name, with it now once more being used on my emails, facebook, blog, ebay, paypal, business cards and even from people at work.

And so, while it served its purpose and helped me avoid unneccessary grief at school and college, I think it is time to let the bells ring out the news.

"Dave Springate is no dead ... long live Dickon Springate"

No comments:

Post a Comment