July 25, 2008

Robed freaks

Now before I go on, if your religious in any way then you probably wont enjoy or agree with anything I am about to write so best you stop reading now, so off you go and make a nice cup of tea for the vicar or something and come back again another day.

For the rest of you who don't mind a bit of blasphemy then nice to have you with me, and if your still reading then you might even agree with a few bits of this post !

I must admit that I got to my local train station a few minutes later than normal the other day, so it was a tiny fraction my fault that I was unable to scope out my route to and from work the other day, however I still am mighty peeved about the way things went.

Apparently the religious community decided to travel to Buckingham Palace en-mass the other day and have a nice talk about peace. So far so good right, but then explain to me the logic they employed when the decided to all leave during the height of rush hour traffic!

This might not seem so bad until you factor in that the MET would have to cordon off the entire BP plaza as if they don't some unlawful citizen might get it into their head to try and inflict come pain onto these good folk, and in by doing so they added at least a couple of minutes onto the journey it takes to get from Green Park to Victoria Station by foot by making you go all the way around instead of cutting in front of the grounds.

Now, again when you consider that the temperature outside that day was stifling, the pavement was even more crammed with well wishers and the paparazzi, the tube was packed and hotter than hell and that I have a very small window of time in which to reach the platform before the doors are closed, then if you have a mind to try and avoid anger and bloodshed then the last thing I would expect you would want to do is to ensure that hundreds or maybe even thousands of commuters have to take a detour of several minutes just so to avoid the other purple menace (the first being the free hawkers of the LondonLite newspaper!).

If you was to ask me, in that heat, to force me to walk an extra few minutes, miss my train and spend another thirty minutes stuck on a platform surrounded by sweaty commuters and screaming kids was more than enough for me to seriously consider murder again anyone who put forward the idea that that idea was a good one, and its only the fact that I was unarmed, holding a bag with my new laptop and surrounded by enough automatic rifle armed MET officers to conquer Paris that prevented me from doing so.

But if anyone is stupid enough to suggest that I should respect others then I point to this day and say that so far religion has done very little for me lately except make me miss my train and get a massive headache.

On another slightly different subject, I am still very unsure as to why police officers go to such lengths to prevent convicted criminals committing suicide, especially if they are lifers?

For a government and society that abhors cruelty and torture I cannot see why any convicted felon should be prevented from making their own quick exit - which would be cheap, free up space and ensure that there was zero chance of them re offending - and instead prefer to spend the tax payers hard earned money to ensure that remain alive just so that they can live out their remaining years behind bars, or until one bleeding hearts faction or another have them released early on parole, where there is every chance that they will again indeed re offend.

Where is the logic of forcing a person to live, against their will, just so that you can keep them locked in a cage for years, equally against their will? It beggars belief, it really does, not to mention as a tax payer I know what I would prefer it if I could cast a deciding vote on letting a criminal kill them self or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment