July 27, 2008

Ok, so I am a dreamer

John Lennon and his song "Imagine", Brendon Fraser in "Blast from the
Past", Bill Hicks in "Revelations", Kevin Spacey in "Pay it Forward".

What do all the above have in common?

They all have a fundamental idea that being good, nice and helping
others is not only its own reward but that it is the best, and maybe
the only, way that mankind can survive and progress into the future.

Now, I may be a dreamer, but why can't life really be this simple.

You don't need a huge bank account, religion or politics, you just
need to be the best person you can be and then life will not only work
out but will be enjoyable and worth living.

In this day and age, with all the killings, the technology, the damage
to the ecosystem and the growing chasm between the rich and the poor
it is easy to begin to doubt that there is much hope left for human
beings, but I think that the idea itself is still sound and worth
trying.

It is said that having an idea is a great thing, just don't go
building a belief structure around it, so I am not about to start
preaching to anyone, but what I will do is continue to try and live
the best life I can, and I think that writing down my thoughts for
myself and others to read might even be a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment