July 21, 2008

Frustration

Over the weekend I spent hours trying to store all my music CD's onto
my laptop for the journey ahead, and with it being such a slow and
boring job I had detached my laptop from the internet and was doing
from the living room sofa while watching TV.

Sadly for me, I did not realise that without the internet it would be
unable to store the track and album information, and so after a
weekend of transferring I ended up with a few hundred tracks all
thrown together in the same album folder and no track name, song or
album artist and not even a genre division to separate them.

Thus it is that I now have no idea of how to separate them and cannot
bear to have to go through them all again, just to transfer the rest
of the information, and if I just to a random spin of my tracks then I
really will have a complete random mix of everything and anything.

I am only glad that I had not stored my linguaphone Spanish CD's or
else I would never be able to do a random selection without every
second or third track being educational.

Then on Sunday I was invited to a Colombian Independence party being
held in London. So I spent ages getting ready and the train into
London on a Sunday is once an hour and only semi-fast at that, so
possibly you can image my sheer anger and annoyance at being told by
my Colombian friends that they were running more than two hours late
themselves, despite all living in London.

I waited an hour and heard a few excuses of why they were still not
ready, but there is only so much I can take before I get bored and so
I went home without meeting up with them, and no surprise that I wont
be bothering with the next London bash that they are planning in early
August.

At the moment I can tell that I have lost much of the edge of my
writing, but I must continue on to get as much of this down on record
as possible, as once I go I will be too busy to do more than maybe an
hour of typing per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment