September 23, 2006

When is enough enough

Sometimes in life you go through just about every variation on a theme and you feel you have done it all.
 
That is the time to stop.
 
Anything that you do after that will much more likely be dissapointment than any other result.
 
Too many times I have wondered why I allow myself to get talked into arrangements that I know are stupid.
 
Too many times I ignore sanity and reason and just go with the flow even though I know it is not what I want.
 
My own inner demon doesn't even need to try and whisper in my ear, he just suggests it and I go along like it was my own.
 
Part of me wished that I could lose it and get mad on a dime, but sadly it takes a lot to get me going.
 
Part of my wishes that I can grow up and become wise instead of just being clever and understanding after the even.
 
Alas I know myself and I know where I am heading and the tide is already flowing away.

1 comment:

David said...

Dickon, you are a lot wiser than you will admit and this post proves it. Have faith in yourself and know there's always a coach in your corner if you need it.

Post a Comment