October 22, 2006

Lazy Sundays With A Cold

In all the world there are as many different things to do or think as there as people.
 
For example, I have heard people quote that "There are more stars in the sky, than grains of sand in the whole world".
 
How can anyone say for sure that is right ?!? Unless of course your going on the logic that the universe is truly infinite, but the number of grains of sand on this world is not ( many billions of trillions perhaps, but not never ending ) thus the first will dwarf the second.
 
Or, as a mate of mine said upon viewing the amount of fast food menus pinned up on my kitchen corkboard, "Do you ever actually cook?".
 
Even assuming I was THAT lazy and THAT rich, surely out of boredom I would have tried it a few times out of curiosity !?!
 
Well they are the first few thoughts that floated through my mind as I woke up this morning.
 
With my lodger away this morning it gave me a chance to do a few things in comfort and in my own time.
 
Thus I have compiled two short lists of things best to try and not so great to try on a lazy Sunday morning while you have a grotty cold.
 
Great :-
 
* Reading your mates latest blog entries.
* Seeing how much Vicks Vapour Rub you can smear on before it becomes overpowering and actually makes breathing worse.
* Listening to soft rock and indie music.
* Randomly watching Jonathon Creek episodes curled up on a real leather sofa wrapped in a fake fur throw, while scoffing mint aero and quaffing doctor pepper.
* Hoovering and polishing your best room { ok, not everyone ideal choice but I like it ! }.
* Ordering a Pizza - with a barbecue base and extra pineapple - and watching South Park with your best mate, who's also your lodger.
 
Not-So-Great :-
 
* Trying to learn off by heart the lyrics to "One Week" by Bare Naked Ladies { could not get through much before having a coughing fit }.
* Doing the washing up in a pair of marigolds with holes in them.
* Studying your daily Spanish lessons { have you ever tried to roll your Rrrrrr's with a cold and a cough ... not easy }.
* Catching up with a few weeks un-replied-to emails.
 
As I hope that I will be fit and well by next weekend I do not expect that I will be able to try out many more for awhile, but if you have any comments or ideas for things I should try next time I am, as always, open to suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment