August 01, 2007

Dickonius is coming!

I can't help but feel that at things are looking up for me and my trip around the world later next year.
After being invited to a close friends barbecue on Monday night, I was introduced to a Danish lady who has been to over 30 countries and lived in places as far away as Thailand.
Her story is inspiring stuff and we had a great time making a nuisance of ourselves on the train from London to Chatham, as we did nothing but talk long and excitedly about the forthcoming trip to Scotland where we will meet up again.
Meanwhile, at work yesterday I decided that perhaps time management was a key in overcoming my desire to get more active and fit for my voyage. So ignoring how it might have looked or sounded, I devised a schedule of housework, fun time and an early morning regime of trips to the gym between 6.30 and 7.00.
Last night I put the first part of the plan into operation and insisted we go to the cinema at the earliest possible opportunity, and once we had returned I did not switch on my pc, but instead tidied the house, ironed a shirt in preparation for this morning and then was in bed by midnight.
Waking up at the ungodly hour of 5.45am I was up, more housework, exercises and then off to the gym for a half hour of cross training and rowing. A sweat induced half hour later I was in the shower before calmly strolling out the door and catching a train into work a good half hour earlier than I have for months.
The next hour I plan to make use by studying Spanish, but as its not yet stored on my mobile, I took advantage of the situation and fell asleep til the train pulled into Victoria.
Then it was another calm and pleasant stroll through Green park to stop off at the supermarket to grab some fresh fruit and muesli before arriving at work early enough to be the first of my department into work with time enough to spare to write this entry before I have to start work.
It is too early to say yet if I will be able to stick to this for an entire year, especially as there will be the occasional drinking session and party to juggle, but so far I can only say that it's 100% success and the breakfast juice I am quaffing right now has never tasted better.
Look out world ... Dickonius is coming !

2 comments:

mirk said...

Look out world... look out Scotland you mean! You are coming here here !! That's it I'm offskie on the next flight out off here;-)

BloggerSpamFilterisBias said...

Yeah, look out Scotland - Dickonius and his Danish friend Lise are here to wreak havoc and really rock the country.

Thing is, Glasgow was wet and Fort William was too, so we had to make do with a few glasses of beer and some mini haggis inside of a wild hog bar, winner of a best real ale award.

We tried to go to the cinema, the musuem and even try a couple of restaurants but word must have spread cos they didnt want to serve us, and everywhere was 'just closing' even before we had a chance to unload our rucksacks from our shoulders

So much for Scottish hospitality ... bharr rumph.

Post a Comment