May 03, 2007

It's 'Delish'

The Dictionary defines the word Delicious as ;-
 
adjective - 1 having a very pleasant taste or smell
adjective - 2 describes a situation or activity that gives you great pleasure
 
However I saw an item in a shop today, that was not only advertised as delicious, but indeed even included the word in its title.
 
Now personally, for the same item I am fairly safe in my assumption that I could easily get away with all the following words to describe it and be much closer to truth as well :-
 
Dry, Hard, Flat, Smooth, Small, Cold, Oval
 
And just what is the item that provoked this blog entry !?! ... a packet of mixed fruit and vegetable seeds, such as those from a Pumpkin or Sunflower.
 
So how is it that something with virtually no actual aroma and a very minimal taste can be described as delicious? ... well if I were you I would go and ask staff at your local Boots store.
 
I can only wonder if anyone who passes these 'delicious seeds' actually believes the tag line and actually goes
 
"Oh, look ... there are some delicious seeds to nibble on. How come these say delicious but my lunch here does not? Hmmm ... I think I could really do with something delicious to eat, so I will put back my piece of fresh fruit, chocolate cake, strawberry mouse and fish sushi and swap it for this packet of seeds. Yummi, now I know I am going to truly enjoy my lunch"
 
Who are they trying to kid ... but what it worse that they obviously manage to con some people into thinking this or else they wouldn't be selling them.
 
So MY only question, is who in their right mind believes this salespeak pack of lies and actually buys a packet of seeds really considering it to be a delicious alternative to proper food at lunchtime?

 


 

 


 

1 comment:

mirk said...

They are just tying to help you along the road into becoming a 5th dan/black belt vegan... they won't eat anything that casts a shadow!

Post a Comment