May 17, 2007

Laughing Til I Cry

Often there is a situation or joke that you find funny at the time, but equally and quite routinely can never reproduce at a later date in its original humour.
 
At parties with my friends, they often see not if, not even how long before, but how many times they can turn me into a hysterically crying castrated sealion, unable to defend himself from even the most inept of clubbers.
 
I have many different laughs for different occasions, but the best by far is the truest, the biggest and the most natural where I just end up flapping and rolling around on the floor unable to even catch my breath amid a barrage of high pitch 'Oah, Oah, Oahing' noises that would not be dissimilar to that which you would find in any seaworld parks across the globe.
 
Although it is a natural effect, it helps if those around me are smiling and laughing also, a small but potent of alcohol is administered a few minutes prior always helps but the key ingredient is that I have to be comfortable in my surroundings and a certain trust in who I am with at the time.
 
My friends birthday party last weekend had all the key ingredients in abundance, with enough to spare for everyone else as well, and as Leigh often sets himself up as chief sealion conjurer it was not long before my eyes were beginning to glaze over slightly, which is always a sure sign of an imminent mirth induced-mental collapse.
 
However it was a very innocent charade being performed by another old school chum, Doug, who managed to bring forth from me the desired result. Apparently he was trying to mime "The Nutty Professor", but all I got is someone with what I imagined were tentacles dangling from his head and making a eerie turkey gobbling noise.
 
Not laughing whilst reading this ... I didn't think so ... I'm not whilst I am typing this, but honestly IF YOU WERE THERE you would have found it { and me } the funniest sight ever in the entire cosmos and want to join me on the floor holding your ribs and trying to remember how to breath.
 
The only less-than-upside is that I was only able to end up in this helpless state 3 times that night and equally that not more of my friends were there to see me like it, as for me it is the best feeling ever to see those you care about smile and laugh along.
 
It's better than a pay rise, better than getting my first job or house, and yes ... even better than sex ( plus on occasions my laughing has lasted longer too !!! ).
 
And it is one of the reasons why I am so happy to be me and why I love my mum so very much, as this is surely where I get a large chunk of my sense of humour from. I love my dad equally so and from him I have got my desire of wanting to make others laugh - so because of the two of them I am blessed with a wicked and warm sense of humour and the sense to both share and enjoy it.

1 comment:

mirk said...

This article just shows how important good friends are! A rare commodity (wrong word but you ken whit i mean) these days!!

Post a Comment