April 23, 2007

Adios black funk

I know I've not written back as fast as I had hoped but I've in a bit of a funk and feeling far too sorry for myself over the last week, and not writing as much as I should.
In fact, I was half way through a email labelled "Worst birthday ever", which goes to show how down and messed up I was a couple of days ago, but thankfully I'm out the other side and happier than ever.
Some people argue that Time is the greatest healer, and while I am not denying its potential for me sunshine, freedom and a couple of good films at the cinema was a much speedier way to recovery.
Heading down to my local cinema in the glorious sunshine, strolling down previously undiscovered { by me so far } tracks around grassy banks, overlooked by an old engineers museum and then reaching an almost brand new and still refreshingly semi-deserted cinema complex was a very calming and chilling experience.
Being able to watch two in a row, with barely enough time in between flicks to nip outside and grab a ice-cream and Fanta from the neighbouring shopping mall { far cheaper and made me feel a rebel for not paying the extorting cinema prices } was fantastic.
Complemented by the fact that both films were clever, well written and also with a definite feel good ending, I came out feeling that A) justice can sometimes be found - albeit at the end of a long snipers rifle, ha ha; B) that I need to get myself a motorcycle; and C) that being single isn't always a bad thing { no nagging or messy divorce settlements and one less person to worry about getting kidnapped while attempting to right a few personal wrongs !!! }.
The walk back was equally clear of traffic or passers by, and the route I took back also let me gaze upon the nearby field near my house where I could see a circus in the background, while a group of kids played soccer using their jumpers for goalposts.
And thus it was that despite walking back to an empty house { lodger away }, with a nasty cough { that's hung around for a month } after a less than awe inspiring birthday karaoke party the night before { the family was all away at a health spa weekend }, with the news an old enemy is just landed a higher salary job in my own company { the total b*tch } and having recently semi-amicably split from my newly met sexy asian girlfriend { possibly my shortest ever relationship so far } I still managed to find that extra spring in my step and feeling only a handful of loose change less than a million bucks.
In fact, I wasn't even going to bother trying to quantify why I feel I have had a bad run of luck recently, but then that would only be giving half a story ... so not that I care any more, but just out of completeness I had to leave them in.
Don't ask me why, I still don't know, but then when I feel this amazingly good when I almost have a case for singing the blues I'm not going to knock it or waste time asking questions, I'm just gonna get out there and keep on swinging.

3 comments:

mirk said...

Dickon need some help with the audio? There is only one thing I have to say Scooby scooby-doo!

Only kidding! You could not see the code because there ain't one... well not the way you mean.
I tried for days to embed audio, html, various players, even remote hosting none of it would work. It's just be because blogger is a pain (it used to be you could not put animated GIFs on)like that or I'm an eejit.

My sounds... it's two put together are coming from the wee audio player at the very bottom of my page. It's the only way I could get it to work. If I remember correctly it's just set to auto start not loop that would drive readers nuts.

The only audio I could get to work is hereyou might have to publish this comment to get the link to work?

Unfortuanately odeo does not allow you to upload it used to but not now. It lets you record what you want through your mike on your PC so I had to hold the mike near the speakers and play the file, you can't edit it either( you used to be able to) so it might take a few goes to get what you want.

Also use the small players the bigger ones send your sidebar here there and everywhere (to wide)use the silver player I don't think the black ones allow you to auto play or loop if needed.

Then you save and copy paste the code to embed on your template (old blogger)or that nasty widget thingy. Hope this helps if you need more info just ask.

mirk said...

ooops how did mike get on being held up to the speacker? bet he didn't like it! it should have been mic

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better in yourself. Sorry your birthday sucked. Better one next year, eh?

Post a Comment