March 27, 2007

The Best Karma

All my friends & family I love dearly, and always will.
 
I love them when they are with me, I love them when I think about them, I love them when I read their mails / texts or answer their phone calls, and I even love them when I don't hear from them for month's on end.
 
I never stop loving them ... I really don't think I have got it in me to go show a cold shoulder to someone with whom I have shared true tears of laughter, joy or happiness.
 
But ... that doesn't mean that I always like them.
 
I don't like them when they forget to tidy my best room, when they rubbish my sense of humour, when they chose someone else to go on holiday with or when they seem to forget that I exist for ten out of twelve months in the year.
 
It may bring a slight smile to my lips when I get a text out of the blue from someone, but when it has been so long since the last text that I have actually deleted their number from my phone then it also reminds me of how they have allowed our friendship has slipped.
 
I don't have it in me to be outright nasty to someone who hasn't done anything actually harmful to me or those I love.
 
Anyone I consider a 'good person' will always be welcome in my house, in my company or in my various inbox's - but in truth I don't think I can get away with claiming that I never harbour the occasional stray darkish-grey thought about them every now and again.
 
All I will say, is that even at my best I'm still no saint, yet "forgiveness is not so much a two way street as a spaghetti junction, with the best Karma coming from experiencing forgiveness in all directions."
 
That said, if anyone is reading this feels that they should really keep my best room more tidy, laugh at my jokes, go on holiday with me, or get in touch more often then please don't let me stop you.
 
---
 
But keep in mind, forgiveness should only be given to someone who is sorry FOR saying / doing the wrong thing and who will try not to cause a repeatition, NOT to someone who said / did something freely and will happily do again but are sorry BECAUSE this time it was noticed / commented upon.

1 comment:

mirk said...

One word.... TRUE !

Post a Comment