June 21, 2006

In Between Holidays

Just a quick update before I shoot off for my next holiday.
At home my pet fish which seem to have been pregnant for ever have finaly had their eggs turn into tiny baby fish. I have only seen a couple, but there might be more and also they are still so smal and almost transparent that its hard to tell.
My poem "The Bravest of Men" has now also been confirmed for publication, which I am very glad about as many of my friends considered this to be my finest piece so far.
In the end only two results out of 14 did not come in on my world cup
accumlator bet, which would have been a wonderful pay out of over £200,000. The Czech Republic losing was a very bitter pill to swallow as this was he only result that I have not covered with an almost identical bet excluding this result.
A lesson to all gamblers, even a novice like me can guess correctly 85% right and still come off with nothing!
Its back to work for a couple of days and then off to somewhere hot, relaxing and of latin culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment