April 08, 2011

Blog Formatting

Having decided that my blog was due an overhall I have been playing around with the formats and layouts during any my freetime in the hope of finding a perfect layout.

Not being a whizz at computer lingo anymore I had to resort to modifying a default blogging templates, but the problem with this is that there was no one type template that I liked the look of.

I have always been one for shading and curves, yet the template that had those in abundance also had some rather ugly bits stuck in as well, which took more than a few minutes to find out how to get around.

A lot of it was trial and error, and as such I am not even sure if I could do it all again if I tried, so I am very thankful that by the end of a weeks playing I had come up with a layout, design and colour scheme that I was happy with and didn't look too blocky.

It might not be everyone's ideal colour scheme, but it seemed just fine and dandy for me, and so hopefully I will not have any more sudden urges to muck around any more and I can get back to the serious matter of what sketches to stick up, my next poem or even - heaven forbid - cracking on with the second volume of my travelling escapades.

All I can say is that I am glad my blog's fans and friends have stuck around long enough for me to get back into the habit of regular postings and looking forward I intend on updating it with at least one picture, recipe, photograph or journal entry at least once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment