October 10, 2008

Outsmarting myself

There is no wifi in the hotel where I am staying at the moment, but they do have a computer in the main reception.

So I spent a long time in my room this morning, avoiding the burning hot sun, typing out a long email and saving it to my memory stick only to forget that not every computer accepts USB2 memory sticks.

I have four special bits of advice for Brazil.

Bring with you some suntan lotion and use is a.s.a.p.

Buy yourself a floppy hat, a pair of flip flops and some sunglasses, dont worry about bringing them with you as you can buy them here very cheap.

Remember that not all banks in Brazil will accept european credit or debit cards, so be sure to bring at least a little currency or exchange some at the airport and if your here for awhile it is wise to spend a little time locating the nearest ATM machine that will accept your card.

Finally, when you too decide to enjoy a nice breakfast on the beach under a cosy sun lounger and over looking the rolling white waves lapping at your toes, stick to things that you know and be prepared to wait, or else you too could find yourself eating two whole roasted baby chicks, salt covered chips, bread biscuit sawdust with accompanying salsa pepper fire sauce all washed down with a kiwi/vodka/rum cocktail that is thick enough to eat.

People might consider me boring by sticking to coke whenever I go out, but rest assured I can be adventurous, I just hate wasting money on drinks I can stomuch, especially if the service is slow and I am already dying of thirst.

Oh, and one more thing, never go walking for more than a few minutes in flipflops unless you are very used to them or like have blisters the size of golf balls all over the soles of your feet.

In factor 30 sunblock I walked for about an hour and a half and now I cannot even stand without being in some amount of discomfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment