February 02, 2008

The itiniary changes yet again

I would have liked to see all of the ancient seven wonders of the world, sadly six have been lost to the sands of time and so the pyramids of Giza is all that was left for me to visit.
 
I would like to visit all of the seven natural wonders of the world, yet they are all spread out across the globe and to reach them all is no simple or cheap journey.
 
I would like to visit all my friends, but again they are spread out all around the world far and wide.
 
I would like to visit all the wondrous places of my childhood fantasies, from Timbutu to Xanadu and everywhere in between, but that would be a journey of such epic extravagance for a man of my age, wealth and current social standing that it would rule my life for years to come in order to achieve it.
 
I have dreams, and I long to make them realities, but one of the biggest dreams is to find a sweet loving wife and settle down, and that would be made all the harder if I chose to give up a house, a job and a career forever in order to go chasing the wondrous world of my youth.
 
With my family and friends around me, I could pretend to play the prodigal son, go gallivanting around the world and hope that they are all there waiting for me with open arms upon my return, but that would be asking and expecting too much of anyone, as well as being totally unfair.
 
With this trip I have to be both pragmatic and realistic, accept that what I would chose to do if I have unlimited time and money is not always in line with what I can actually achieve without losing everything I currently have worked so hard to accomplish.
 
I must come to terms with what is real, what is possible and what really matters, and right now some of these places I would really like to visit but maybe this time right here and now is not my time to view them.
 
I am still young, 31 is not old, frail and grey and as long as I do not cut all my ties to the past it may be possible to do many of the things I want now and the rest later on in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment