February 04, 2008

Amazon

I had a great idea to save up some money for my trip.
 
Instead of paying someone to store all my old stuff I would sell as many of my old books, cd's and dvd's as possible ( except a few very rare tomes ) and then make a packet.
 
Sadly I had no idea what the costing of packaging was like and I made the mistake of not forward buying some dirty cheap jiffy bags.
 
After spending most of a weekend listing literally hundreds of books and dvd's I had already a small collection of items to post before I headed off to work this morning.
 
Fore noted to "Sold. Dispatch now" the items that had made a sale I was conscious that I did not want to get bad negative feedback as a seller right away so I went to the post office at lunchtime and grabbed the first enveloped that they would fit in and went up to the counter to post them on.
 
Afterwards I checked my receipt and I found that if you include the fee that amazon take, the cost of the bag ( almost 80p each ) and the actually postage cost as well that I had made a loss on all my first four items.
 
Not exactly the start of my promising savings drive that I had been hoping and so with over 200 other items that may go any minute I decided right away to order some inexpensive jiffy bags and have them sent right to my office to minimise the delay.
 
Next time that I sell anything I wont make the same mistake again, and this time I might actually make a bit of a profit .. well, who knows !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment