February 14, 2007

2007 officially (un+) starts Friday

Yahoooooooo, I cry aloud.
 
After a very overlong sluggish start to the year its finally about to all start happening.
 
The event that I have been waiting for since before Christmas has finally arrived. Yes, thats right, the remortgage papers have been signed, sealed and delivered and will be fully realised on Friday so you can imagine the huge sigh of relief that I will release when I wake up on Saturday morning.
 
The bad news is that I will then have to make over two dozen phone calls to get all my loans & credit cards all clear, information updated and with zero balances.
 
The good news is that I made sure to request just enough left over to treat myself to a few mini luxuries, so this way I still feel that I'm actually getting something out of all this. Thus a few pairs of jeans, the odd t-shirt and finally a wardrobe that matches the rest of the room to store them are all likely to be on the cards.
 
Other good news is that I have joined a gym with my friend / ex-lodger Sharon, and so together we are hitting the mats a couple of times a week, and equally now if ever I feel like a half hour swim that will be free too. Plus in keeping with this theme, I have decided to do more home cooking and, despite my lodgers distaste for fruit and vegetables, I'm going to see about getting as many of my five-a-day as I can from now on into the bargain.
 
Staggered over the course of the year I can now happily pencil in the rest of the major D.I.Y. chores that I can't get away without doing for much longer, such as repairing the fence post and panels after last months hurricanes that did quite a number on my poor dilapidated old one, as it's not quite covered by the insurers coming under the ever increasing 'act of god' sub-section.
 
With a bit of luck from some friends, I might be visiting Rome next month, which will be cool as long as the Italians are more friendly and agreeable than they were on my last trip there - amid the now infamous "Egyptian Xmas Vacation". And then no sooner do I get back than I will have to send my passport off to get it renewed so that I will have it in time for anything I want to plan over my birthday week.
 
And also with the remortgage checks now in the past, I can press on with the search for a new career path this year, and I am quite happy with my updated CV, although it could do with the odd laser hologram, 3D image and cartoon of Bert's smiling face in the corner to really fully personalise it to me. On a serious note I have also created a new email address for myself that appears more professional than this one, plus then it's easier to keep track of the fully professional mails.
 
It seemed that everywhere I went people were going on about the travel writer Bill Bryson, and so I borrowed a copy off my friend Ann and finished it in double quick time. Funny, insightful, intelligent, but nothing radically different to what I feel I could do, or even have done already with some of my blog entries.
 
Possibly his use of grammar is more accurate than mine, and he has more weight of years experience, and more journeys travelled, to draw upon for inspiration and comparisons, but I don't feel that those alone are enough to say that his stuff is genius and mine are just average or slightly above par, so again that has given me a lot of confidence to try my mettle in the same field.
 
With no women problems to distract me, the year seems open to virtually every possible avenue that I wish to follow and so for once I can honestly say that the future has never looked brighter.
 
In fact the only thing that I really do still have my doubts over is if I really do want to learn to drive. I truly understand and appreciate that it will further open up my options tenfold, but I equally hate the damage they currently do to the environment, the cost involved, and the ease at which they leave you open to so many different kinds of official red-tape with regards to government tracking, fines, permits, insurance and so on and so forth.
 
As soon as I found out back in December that me and Maribel were over I knew that I would be spending this Valentines Day alone, so with advanced notice I've already prepared myself for an overdose of romance everywhere I look and have planned a trip to a London Movie ( no it doesnt really matter what the film is ) a snack and then a late train home.

No comments:

Post a Comment