May 14, 2009

London Interviews

Last week a family member of my Peruvian friend came over but sadly I had absolutely no forward notice and was unable to meet her in London, but in an effort to still help out as much as possible I provided her with a list of some of the top places to visit and how to reach them via the Metro, such as :-

Buckingham Palace, Covent Garden, Royal Household Cavalry, Big Ben & the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Trafalgar Square, St Pauls Cathedral, Royal Albert Hall, Hyde Park, HMS Belfast, HMS Illustrious, The Cutty Sark, Imperial War Museum, Hamleys, Harrods, Leicester Square, London Eye, Madam Tussauds, The House of Sherlock Holmes, Milennium Dome, Tower of London, London Dungeon, Scotland Yard

Now months before I left on my RTW trip I made a blog entry where I took some photos of the route between London Victoria and my office near Oxford Circus, but this was more to show that people dont pay enough attention to the beauty around them rather than to show off how great was London.

With this in mind, I took a second look at it and I realised that in fact I hadn't been to most of them myself, or at least not in the last decade, and in my experience I know that actually this is pretty much the same with locals all around the world.

So as I had a couple of interviews up town to go to on Tuesday, I made it my mission to try and get to to visit a few more of these places in between going to the work agency interviews. Plus to top it all off I was able to meet up with some friends during lunch and after work, even ended up tagging along to a friend of my friends birthday bash so I really did manage to make the best of all worlds.

Catching a late train home brought back its own range of memories and it was only a shame that the kebab house at the end of our street was closed when I got back or I would have had a meat and chips plus a can of Dr Pepper just to nicely round off the day.

The only other two tiny things that marred it were that I didnt get into London early enough for the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, that the beef eaters at the Tower of London were only in traditional uniform inside and not outside ( for a freebe photo opportunity ) and that the Cutty Shark is currently totally under cover being in the middle of its restoration process.

1 comment:

Mapmuse said...

Hi,
Thanks for giving information about many good visiting places in London which is beneficial for people who really want to visit interesting places in London.....

Post a Comment