April 02, 2008

Balloon Theory on Life

On the train into work this morning I had an epiphany.

Life is like a mass of brightly colourful yet minutely flawed open ended balloons which we spend forever keeping afloat.

Let me try to explain :-

In life we all have things we need to do and things we want to do.

The balloons of the things we truly need we blow hardest and longest into, the balloons of the things we like and want we give slightly less effort into, and the balloons of the things we no longer want or need we often ignore and leave til there is nothing left but the fully deflated balloon as a memory of what we once were felt as important but no longer.

Every balloon needs to be kept inflated periodically in order for it not to fully deflate, and with only one mouth with which to blow from the more time spent on blowing up one balloon also means the less time there is to spread among the other balloons.

When we become obsessed over something we spend so much time blowing up that balloon that all the other elements of our life suffer, and this is what I believe happens with drug addicts and work-alcoholics, whose home life, social life and finally their health fail after they spend all their focus on only one main balloon in their life.

I have looked on the net and so far I cannot see anyone else claim that life is like this, so I guess that I am happy to claim this theory as mine.

And now that I have officially claimed this theory as mine I can take my time and refine the theory til it is waterproof, this being only a rough draft of a much bigger idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment