January 20, 2008

World Trip Route - Version 1.1

It has taken me many hours to check out times, routes, flights and train times and available accompanied overland tours, but I think that I have come up with a fairly decent route.
 
I admit to cheating with my route, as I really want to include Egypt ( Great Pyramids ) and Mali ( Timbuktu ), but the rest of the route makes the best use of a round the world theme and also should allow me to meet quite a few of my International friends at the same time.
 
However if it is too costly I can always remove the travelling to Africa both times and then the route becomes more direct.
 
The cost will still change as September is many months away, but I am hoping, by booking early and avoiding first class flights, 4 or 5 star hotels and any sporting/shopping elements, that I should be able to it afford it, assuming that I save what I have estimated.
 
The hardest part was making a sensible guess for the duration of each visit.
Too short in days could mean missing a connecting flight or weekly train.
Too long will mean that I will have to stay in hotels for more nights that I need to and this will increase the price.
 
The route is as follows ( Starting and finishing in U.K., London ) :-
 

Mali, Bamako, Timbuktu – Canada, Halifax, Oak Island - U.S.A., New York, Niagara Falls, Boston, Washington DC, Mount Rushmore, Grand Canyon, New Orleans – Mexico, Mexico City, Morelia, Teotihuacan, Cancun, Chichen Itza -  Cuba, Havana - Dominican Republic, Puerta Plata, Santa Domingo – Panama, Panama City – Colombia, Bogota, Barranquila, Cali – Ecuador, Quito, Galapagos Island, Guayaquil – Peru, Piura, Lima, Machu Picchu, Cusco, Arequipa – Hawaii, Honolulu – Fiji, Nadi - New Zealand , Auckland, Rotarua, Napier – Australia, Sydney, Ayres Rock, Alice Springs, Cairnes, Great Barrier - Indonesia ( Java ), Jakarta – SingaporeMalaysia, Sarawak – Cambodia, Siem Reap, Angkor Wat – Thailand, Phuket, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Khong – Laos, Pakbeng, Luang Prabang, Vang Vieng, Vientiane – Vietnam, Hanoi – Philippines, Manilla, IloIlo, Cebu – Taiwan, Taipai - Ja pan, Tokyo – Republic of South Korea, Seoul – China, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Kowloon, Nanning, Beijing - Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar – Russia, Moscow – Egypt, Cairo – Italy, Rome – Greece , Athens, Meteora, Kavalla – Turkey, Gallipoli, Istanbul – Bulgaria, Black Sea Coast – Romania , Bucharest, Brasov, Cluj Napoca – Hungary, Budapest – Austria, Vienna - Czech Republic , Prague – Germany, Berlin – Holland, Amsterdam – Belgium, Brussells – France, Calais

 

The first part is mainly flights into and out of the Americas and then flying to various Pacific Islands.

 

The second part begins when I reach Bangkok and from there is a long overland trek by train.

 

Heading up and across Russia to reach Europe I will travel, and then fully across Europe to the French port of Calais ( via a quick stop over in Egypt ) just a few days after my 33rd birthday.

 

Now that I have made my route, I have to agree it with the travel agency who will advice me of which types of ticket to purchase and when will be the best time to order the tickets.

 

I am very excited about this trip and I hope that it will be a truly amazing trip of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment