June 11, 2007

A Week Til D-Day

Yes, that's right ... in under seven days I will managed a feat that few travellers have successfully accomplished, or anyone else for that matter.

On Saturday 16th June 2007 { for the time being let us ignore the Indian Sub-Continent and the frozen wasteland of Antarctica } I will have successfully visited, and have laid my feet on good old Terraferma, of all six of the planets continental land masses.

Europe, Asia, Australasia, Africa, North American and South America will all have fallen to my passion for travelling - although admittedly they did give me a good run for my money and a few times I didn't think I would make it as unscathed as I have.

What makes my effort newsworthy is that I have accomplished them all without the financial backing of anyone else, with no media coverage and I would have made these trips solo.

In just over a weeks time, I can say that on my own I have walked the streets, fields and paths right across the globe by day and by night.

And what could make this accomplishment even more amazing, well ... how about adding the fact that I do not possess any firearm or knife!, or how about that neither do I own a full drivers or cycle licence!!, or that I have managed to do all this on a single income and still hold down a full London job.

Yes, that's right. Despite the mass news and media coverage detailing how very scary and dangerous it is to leave your house, or that every other country is full of murderers, guerrilla soldiers and corrupt politicians who are just itching to do you in, I have walked unarmed and {mostly} molested and lived to tell the tale.

Never again will I believe the hype and hysteria of headlines preceded with words like "have you heard the latest news, its just terrible".

I am living proof that if you heart is good, your mood jovial and approachable and you do not go looking for trouble, that the world should not be a place of fear and horror stories.

This world is not such a bad old place as they would have you believe, which is why I feel it is such a bloody crying shame that most of the Politicians, War-Mongerers and Industialists are so eager to destroy it.

However you look at it, what I have accomplished { or will have done in just a few days time } is worthy of some level of recognition and merit, whoever you are and whatever you have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment