June 04, 2007

New Wonders of The World

We all know that there were 7 ancient wonders of the world.
 
Well, through war, natural disaster and the collapse of a few empires there is only one left ... the Great Pyramid of Giza.
 
So some boffins have decided to have a go at selecting a few for consideration of the next set of 7 wonders of the world.
 
When you get time please go on, log on ( its free ) and vote for your chosen 7.
 
Here is the link to go there :- http://www.new7wonders.com/
 
For those who wanted to know what I chose ( but please chose your own, I am in no way a leading authority on these things ), my choice was ...
 
Angkor Wat (Cambodia), Chichen Itza (Mexico), Easter Island (Island off coast of Chile), Great Wall (China), Manchu Pichu (Peru), Stonehenge (England) and Timbuktu (Mali).
 
And anyone who knows me well can already guess that, having already been to China, living in UK, and off to visit Peru later this year, why and that given enough time and money I will delight in taking a few pilgrimages to see the magnificent vistas for myself.
 
Take care and peace to all 

No comments:

Post a Comment