January 23, 2007

Travelling

Just a sudden thought to anyone reading this blog ... some people may think that I go looking for travelling disaster hot spots to write stories about.
 
To challenge and refute any such claims, let me just use my last entry as confirmation that these things not only can, but regularly do, happen to me anywhere and at any time.
 
I managed to get stranded in a town, not even thirty miles away ( as the crow flies ) from where I live, at no later than 8.30pm on a Saturday night and without any uncrossable body of water or mountain as a natural obstacle to getting home.
 
And EVEN WHEN the trains DID start running in my required directions again, it STILL took me over 4 hours to travel the distance back home.
 
QED :- it is not that I am out to find bizarre or unreasonable travel stories, it is just that they are as much a part of my everyday life as eating and sleeping are to yours.
 
... Oh and if anyone is thinking, why didn't I just jump in a cab the whole distance, it's cos Barclaycard in their infinte w*nkeristic wisdom, decided to reduce my credit limit by half ... and did this first thing on Saturday morning after posting me a letter informing me of this, that was sent no earlier than Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment