January 02, 2007

A New Year Dawns

As I sit here and look back on the year that's been, I am flooded with a bizarre cocktail of emotions.

The things I have seen and done, the people I have met and befriended, and also for my loses both with old friends and of another failed relationship, if indeed it even reached a level that would justify such a title.

The year started with me visiting Rob and Natalie, together with my friend Susan, after being stranded in London and unable to reach Budapest.

The year ended with me failing to meet up with Maribel and so visiting another old friend, Robert and his wife, while they were working together in a pub seeing the new year in behind a DJ station and pub bar.

Fitting in a way, as I have always thought that I have yet to find a place that suits me down to the ground, but my foolish dreams of a hollywood ending remain deep in my heart.

It was both sad but about time that I learned that most peoples definition of desperation was not only in how what you fight for, but equally as much in how hard you fight and even why you chose to fight at all.
I have been told that I am desperate to find a partner, because I chose to look beyond my own group of friends and my local pubs / clubs. In truth I admit that I have gone to extremes in my search, but now it is time to put aside my misguided beliefs in ever finding a "perfect woman" and better plan the rest of my life and allow my heart to be swayed when it chooses and not when I think it should be swayed.

Yet this has not been a bad year for me, but one of discovery and enlightenment.

I have gained a much better understanding of the universe and my part to play, that being happy is not about searching for happiness, but more in finding it all around you.

I was blessed many times over this festive season, as message after message came in from all the parts of the world, and in all its various forms, wishing me happiness, health and prosperity.

My poetry reached a level of recognition that has encouraged me to write more and with the strength and support of those around me I am now in a position to consider changing jobs or even careers so that I am better positioned to take the next step.

Tomorrow prospects look very promising and after that well the sky's the limit.

1 comment:

David said...

2006 ... bizarre cocktail indeed. Love and lantern light to you old mate in 2007.

Post a Comment