November 16, 2006

Rotten Banks

On the same day that I wanted to write a sentimental entry about continued climate change and yet another 8 plus earthquake I had something far less serious, but much more personally annoying happen to me, and thus has soaked up most of my recent attention and free time.

Banks

Not only have FD wiped my password vault but they are now going to do away with free banking and charge £10 per month just for having an account. Not a chance so this is one account I have to cancel.

Woolwich in their 'infinite wisdom' are trying to repeatedly charge me £35 for missing payments to my credit cards, purely because they take forever to clear cheques.

I've phoned and even visited my bank and all they give me is the "it's your official obligation to... blah, blah, blah" spiel - so that's the end of my working relationship with those guys too.

My credit cards are all getting very upset because Woolwich are bouncing their direct debit requests, so they are charging me also for missed payment AND because it's not their fault I can't even complain to them and try to get this back. Plus this only harms my credit rating for further borrowing or remortgaging in the future.

My former friends are still unwilling ( able and ready, just not willing ) to return the money that I have lend them, which if I combine it all together runs into the several thousand pounds.

Before you say or think anything, No I don't have any proof cos they were friends, Yes I was naive to trust friends with money, No I didn't have the money to lend them in the first place, Yes I am having to pay interest to the people I borrowed it from, No I won't ever be lending people money again, and Yes I have told several friends to cut up my credit cards and hit me round the head with a large solid piece of wood if I mention that I am thinking of lending, or have just lent, anyone money in future.

I have always ensured that my house was safe before I lent money out but these latest turns of events have meant that I am no longer comfortable and content with my finances and if I do not take preventative measures things will become decidedly uncomfortable in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment