March 29, 2010

Lads Night Out

It has been awhile since I have gone out and got drunk but this weekend I was invited to two lads nights out on the tiles.

On the Friday night I had been invited out, but I just couldnt get into the mood and when the train delays meant that I got home even later than usual I just couldnt be arsed being honest.

After a working Saturday I came back to rainy Gillingham just in time to meet up with the other lads in rileys snooker hall, which was about all I thought was going to happen.

However, after a pint and a couple of games I got chatting with my friends brother and as soon as we got started on our various travel stories the night took on a life of its own and I didnt even care about the pool, which is very rare for me to say.

Following that we ended up drinking down in Rochester, but at £3.75 per pint I quickly remembered why I dont like going out and getting drunk and also why i am such a cheap drunk. At these prices I will be damned if I am going to spend a weeks wages on booze just to throw it all up again a few hours later.

I don't remember everything that was said or done, but I clearly remember inviting them all to my retro party as well as suggesting that in a few months time we all go for a lads week to Japan, as seems to be the one place where we all want to go but none of us have.

Thing was, I couldnt have had that much to eat as i ended up back at mine crashed out and waking up in the morning still wearing last nights clothes and having no idea where my front door keys were. Its been a looooooong time since I have got that drunk, but once every now and again with the right crowd its worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment