December 06, 2006

Losing sight of my Life's Dream

Well I have finally had enough of playing Mr Nice Guy.

Life and ex-friends have screwed me over tooooooo much for me to just sit back and hope that it will all get better.

My girlfriend ( but mine for how much longer? ) from the Caribbean has been refused an entry Visa to the UK for Christmas.

The two main reasons stated were :-
a) that they don't believe that she will go back after the holiday, and;
b) that I use my overdraft regularly and cannot prove I am able to support her during her stay in the UK.

Realising that neither of these are really my fault it has done nothing but left a foul taste in my mouth.

I now hate with a passion, hitherto never personally experienced, all the "so-called-friends" who have borrowed money from me, then screwed me over by refusing to give it back.

At the very top of the list is a woman that I have known for many years because we catch the same train, work in the same area of London and meet up regularly for drinks and meals.

I have explained the situation to her on many occasion, but she has revealed her true inner bitch by not caring in the slightest.  

Others who have incurred my subtle wroth are others for much the same reason, but nowhere near the same extend or level of pure "I-don't-give-a-shit-about-you"-ness.
 
However one did manage to leapfrog herself above the rest by saying "I can't give you any money this month as I need to buy lots of presents for my family". My only reply was as sarcastic as I have ever been, with something close to "Gee then its a good job I don't come from a BIGGER family myself really, isn't it!!!". Such selfishness I never expected from that one individual and it cut me deeper than the rest, though I do my best not to let it show anymore.
 
NB - I am lucky to still have both parents, 4 sisters, 1 brother, 9 nephews & nieces and a myriad of cousins, half cousins and the many related in-laws, almost all of whom I am on very good terms with and who live virtually on my doorstep.

In order to try and avoid using my overdraft at all, I have had to remortgage my house, a thing I hate to do ESPECIALLY as I am not even at the end of the current deal and thus I am liable to pay plenty of fat fees just for the privilege of moving mortgage brokers.
 
So in short ... "a very big thank to all those who take and don't give ... one and all you have succeeded in pushing me to the brink of financial ruin and distancing me from my life's dream by at least a decade ".
 
I refuse to give in on my dream, but I have to accept that I have am too soft to make it in the cold hearted and ruthlessness of the London business community, and that if things do not change soon then I may become too old to fully enjoy my dream house when I finally get there.
 
And just when I thought that things could not really get much worse, { without losing my health, which I am forever grateful is and has been great through my life }, my girlfriend tries to hang me up with guilt over not sending over her some money this month.
 
However, having stated that it is her own fault, combined with her daft friend who suggest she state to the visa department that she is my long term fiance, I now have to save every penny in order to clear my overdraft immediately and for at least the next three months.
 
Thus I said I was unable to, and gave her a classic Hobson's choice. "Money now but don't come over until at least September or no money but come over by April at the latest?" - Sadly she chose to go for option 3, to wit, she suddenly asked could I "give her a moment" and then instantly disconnected. Seeing as I had already waited up until almost midnight to have this most important of all conversations, this was not the best way to say goodnight or to resolve this tricky situation.
 
But at this is typical of her behaviour as of late, I am inclined to take some offense at this, and wrote to her in my broken Spanish saying just as much. I would not be too surprised at all to find myself dumped and on the "free and singles" market again in the very near future. However, seeing as in the last 5 months all she has done is ask for money, muck things up officially and send me photos of her wearing skimpy bikinis, I am sure that I can do much better for much less without even trying.
 
After all, the Internet is filled to burst with images of scantily clad women of every possible background and most are completely free to view, save or download!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment