December 08, 2008

Lloyds Bank Misery

I have a bus going to the Honduras capitall Tegucigalpa tomorrow at 5:30am local time, and then after a 4 hour ride I had planned to take a bus down to San Salvador, but if the money isnt there then I will be forced to take a flight back home and sort this out, I just can't let it go any longer.

My wifi doesnt work, my cellphone doesnt work, they want to renew one of my credit cards, I cant access any of my banks or credit cards online or via phone and now with this Lloyds fuss over charging me and stealing over 3,000 pounds of my much needed funds its just one financial crisis too many.

Either I spend 800 pounds, which I don't have spare, and cause merry hell when I get back or ask some one to go through all my stuff at my sisters, find all my other credit cards and call them pretending to me, reset all the telephone banking codes and then transfer funds from them cards to ones I can use, then wait a few more days while someone posts over a few credit cards to my hotel when I should be able to carry on, albeit minus a few cities.

At least if I were in Europe I could hop on a cheap flight and be back again in less than a day, but out here the flight across will be at least 8 hours each way and then I have to get to my branch and kick up enough fuss til they give in or I cancel all my accounts with them.

I thought in this modern technological age things were suppose to be easier, but still in the end the only thing I can do is turn up face to face and scream and shout til something gets done ... some progress.

I can't believe that with all the preparations and arrangements that I made something as mindless and petty as my bank refusing to transfer money between two of my accounts - that the same bank and branch holds - will be the straw that breaks my RTW trip's back - and before I even got half way through as well.

Argh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lloyds TSB Bank plc 17 Avenida, 2 y 7 calle S.O Barrio rio de Piedra
Avenida Circumvalacion, Honduras
P O Box 152, San Pedro, Sula,
Honduras

Post a Comment