November 27, 2008

Crazy Times

I caught a couple of news clippings when I was checking my emails and I have seen that there are quite a few changes going on that I just wanted to say that I am aware of.
Barak Obama was voted as the first non white US president, and I still say that the TV show 24 was in some way not so much  responsible for this but was more a king of litmus test to see how the US public would react to the notion.
The continuing credit crunch which started in the US is still rippling through the world, its effects still reducing confidence, stock markets and house prices around the world.
For the first time in I don't know how many years the UK tax VAT rate will be lowered from 17.5% to 15%, which will reduce the affordable price of many things and should encourage spending, but will also be a mini headache for every accountant, book keeper and tax employee in the country.
A number of terrorists in Indian are apparently targetting western and european travellers and businessmen in kidnappings and shootings.

1 comment:

BloggerSpamFilterisBias said...

To show the craziness of the situation in 2009 the VAT rate was returned to normal and in 2011 it was actually raised to 20%.

Post a Comment